Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rain and sick

It rained this weekend. I have been sick for the last week and a half, so I secretly hoped the rain would cancel the race. No dice.

However, to my advantage, the race was re-routed from 11 mile loop down to a 3.5 mile loop. I managed to fake it for 45 minutes and not come in dead last.

It was super muddy, super wet, and super fun. I'll post some pics as soon as I get them from Kyle. Kyle, on the other hand, double flatted, bringing his total "mechanical" count to 8, I think. That's a fairly high number, when you take into account that there have only been 3 races. I am 97% confident that as soon as Kyle gets through a whole race without some kind of bad luck he's gonna kick everyone's trash. THE Kyle I met so many years ago is back. THE Kyle that knows how to lay down the hurt, push it further, and make it hurt even more. I am definitely excited for him.

As for me, I just gotta get healthy so the 16 year olds quit beating me up the hills....

And, Racer, sorry for making you flat on the muddy part. Joel paid me to clip your front tire with a "Ben Hur" style wheel spike I have installed on my rear hub...

PS Is it weird that for some reason this weekend got me just a bit excited for 'cross season to start already when its only May?

No comments: