Sunday, December 20, 2009

Progress

Well my birthday is coming up. I'll be 28. I'm still not sure how I feel about that, but I'm sure I'll write about that later. I've always taken a bit of pride in getting old and being single in Provo, UT.

Like I got away with something.

Kinda like I got through a whole ride on splash mountain without getting a drip of water on me while everyone around me got so soaked they had to go home and change.

Today I was told that to progress any further in life I needed to get married. Makes sense given the emphasis my religion places on families and such. However, when he said the word progress all I could think of was dropping 45 minutes off my Leadville time, or squeezing in 1 more lap at the 12 Hours of Sundance. That's the kind of progress I'd like to see every year.

Maybe we are on different pages.

Or completely different books...

Or maybe I am just a hopeless menace to society...

6 comments:

Barry said...

er, maybe it's the religion...just sayin'...

Dan said...

No, Barry, you are right. That's exactly it. It is the religion. Believe it or not, but this whole incident went down at church. You see, I am a Mormon. I believe that families can be together forever and that the power to seal families together is here on the earth. I love my family very much and it makes me quite happy to know that death will not separate us. If you would like to know more, I have two friends who walk around with white shirts, ties, and name tags. They would love to swing by sometime to explain it all.

anna. said...

yep. you're a menace ( :

Brad said...

You're not a menace unless you go back to living with undergrads.... oh wait!

I hear sirens....

robyn said...

or maybe all of the above.

Dakota said...

not to say that many girls haven't tried