Monday, November 16, 2009

Hiking

So the snow finally hit. However, I refuse to let it keep me inside. So this winter I have resolved on a secret (well not any more) strategy to keep me in shape: Use the snow to my advantage. I am planning on using the following off season tactics to help me maintain the appellation "Fast Dan"
  • Cross Country Skiing
  • Snowshoeing
  • Snow Shoveling (I happen to know many widows who pay top dollar for selfless service acts)
  • Snow Blowing (I also know many rich widows who own snow blowers and pay even topper dollar to have their drives snow blown)
  • Snowman Building
  • Snowball Throwing
  • Snowcone eating (I like grape)
Any additional ideas are welcomed.

4 comments:

South County Ciclista said...

Snow Angels? and or Igloos?

Aaron said...

Don't forget sledding. Best intervals ever.

And you better not CX ski without calling me. Do you plan on going to Sundance or somewhere else?

Dan said...

I like the snow angel idea better.
Aaron, i was planning on getting a xc ski pass to sundance and would love some company, but if you know any better places to go count me in.

Aaron said...

I have a pass to Sundance as well because it's the closest. The downside is that they are nazis about only skiing from 9-5. I usually head up at around 3 or so and ski for 1.5 hrs.

Soldier Hollow is really good, and if you ever want to put in a really long day on skis, White Pine (park city) is really good because it's flat (Sundance is so hilly that you're pretty well spent after an hour). Both cost $18 or so for the day though.